12 people from Assam, Meghalaya, and Nagaland died after consuming wild mushroom:

Guwahati, May 5: People dead after consuming wild Mushrooms. At least 12 people from Assam, Meghalaya, and Nagaland have been died after consuming wild mushrooms.

According to reports, among the deceased persons six persons are from Meghalaya, four from Assam, and two from Nagaland.

Four persons including three of a family were died after eating a poisonous mushroom in Assam’s Charaideo district.

On Saturday, three of a family died after consuming wild mushrooms at the Sapekhati area and one died on Monday at the Sonari area in Charaideo district.

On the other hand, six people died in Meghalaya due to the consumption of wild mushrooms.

Meghalaya Home (police) minister Lahkmen Rymbui said that, three critically ill people are still in the hospital.

The Meghalaya Home (police) minister tweeted – “Today 04/05/2020 1 more precious soul died in NEIGHRM due to the consumption of wild mushroom on the 16/04/2020 from LAMIN village. To date, 6 people died and 3 are still in Hospital including 1 who was discharged 2 days back and brought back to SHILLONG for Hospitalisation.”

On the other hand, a woman and her 12-year-old son were died in Nagaland on Monday after consuming wild ground mushrooms.

Four people of a family of Yimza village in Wokha district of Nagaland were admitted to Christian Medical Centre (CMC) Vankhosung, Wokha on Sunday after they consumed wild ground mushroom.

Their 12-year-old son – a student of class 7 died on Sunday evening and the mother Wobeni Kikon died on Monday at the hospital.

Managing Director (MD) of Christian Medical Centre (CMC) Dr. Rilanthung Odyuo said that the father and his older son are presently in a stable condition and are under care.