Nagaland, March 17: Nagaland Schools are all set to reopen for classes 1 to 5 students from March 22, 2021. The Nagaland state government has permitted all the schools across the state to reopen for primary classes. Schools have been ordered to strictly adhere to the COVID 19 guidelines issued by the state and the central government.
On March 16, 2021, the Principal Secretary (Home) Abhijit Sinha has issued the Standard Operating Procedure to be followed by the schools. The SOP outlines various precautionary measures to be taken to control the spread of COVID-19 inside the school campuses.
Earlier, Schools in Nagaland, which were closed since March last year due to COVID 19 pandemic, reopened on February 8, 2021, for students of Class 6 to 12. The schools were conducting online classes during this tenure.
Nagaland School Reopening: COVID 19 guidelines to be followed
- The physical or the social distancing of at least 6 feet should be followed inside the campuses.
- The use of face covers/masks would be mandatory for all the staff, teachers, and students.
- It is advised to wash hands frequently with soap for at least 40-60 seconds.
- Use of alcohol-based hand sanitisers for at least 20 seconds is to be done if available.
- Respiratory etiquettes to be followed strictly inside the campus and spitting around are prohibited.
The state government advises the school administrations to follow the SOPs strictly without any fail. SOPs will help in the smooth functioning of the schools across Nagaland.
Abhijit Sinha further added that the SOP includes generic preventive measures to reduce the risk of COVID-19 occurrence. The SOP is to be followed strictly by all the staff, teachers, and students.
The schools must ensure seating arrangement to be done in a way that maintains a physical distance of 6 feet between chairs, desks, etc. Nagaland Schools are all set to reopen for classes 1 to 5 students from March 22, 2021, with proper COVID 19 guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures.