Imphal, April 30: The Manipur government on Thursday declared the whole of the Greater Imphal area as a containment zone with immediate effect for seven days in view of the rise in COVID-19 cases, an official said. The order declaring the whole of the Greater Imphal area as a containment zone was issued by the Home Department.
The Greater Imphal areas comprise the district of the Imphal West and Imphal East. All offices in the Greater Imphal area except that of the Home, Health, Relief, and Disaster Management, Police, and District Administration will remain closed, it said.
Local grocery stores and vegetable vendors are allowed to open from 6 am to 10 am with strict observance of COVID-19 protocols. The Deputy Commissioners and Superintendent of Police for Imphal East and Imphal West districts have been instructed to take necessary actions to implement the order.
As per the notice
*As per the notice*
- WHEREAS, the undersigned Chairperson, State Executive Committee of the State Disaster Management Authority in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 20(2) (a) of the Disaster Management Act, 2005 had issued Order dated 21/04/2021 restricting activities.
- WHEREAS, the increase in number of persons infected by COVID-19 continues to grow rapidly in many parts of the state
- After careful consideration, in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 20 (2) (a) of the Disaster Management act, 2005 the undersigned in his capacity as Chairperson, State Executive Committee of the State Disaster Management Authority hereby notifies the whole of Greater Imphal as containment zone, with immediate effect and shall remain in force for seven days, suspending all activities and movement of persons, except the permitted activities listed below:
- Movement of goods vehicles including vehicle carrying oxygen/oxygen cylinders.
- All healthcare facilities including animal healthcare, hospitals, clinics, nursing homes and movement of healthcare workers.
- All pharmacies and including those selling veterinary medicines.
- All persons going for COVID-19 vaccination, Covid testing and medical emergencies.
- All employees and personal staff working in Home, Health, Relief & DM, Police departments and District Administration (all other offices in Greater Imphal area to remain closed).
- All personnel deployed for providing essential services like drinking water, power, firefighting, waste/garbage collection, ATM services.
- All vegetable, fish/meat vendors (except in IMA Keithel), milk booths from 6 A.M. to 10 A.M. while maintaining physical distancing.
- All local grocery stores including animal feed shops for purchase by locals from 6 A.M. to 10 A.M.
- Wholesale shops in Imphal may open at the rate of one in three shops on rotation from 6AM to 10AM.
- Petrol pumps will remain open as usual, while ensuring there is no crowding.
- All establishments and personnel relating to electronic and print media, telecom service providers.
- Imphal airport shall remain open and movement of staff and passengers will be permitted.
- Hotels for lodging will be allowed to remain open with minimum staff. Restaurants to be closed.
- Food delivery service providers and groceries delivery service providers are permitted.
- Deputy Commissioners of Imphal West and Imphal East and Superintendents of Police of Imphal West and Imphal East shall take necessary action to implement the orders.
The state on Thursday reported 314 fresh COVID-19 cases, the highest in a single day this year, pushing the coronavirus tally to 31,315. Imphal West district reported 128 COVID-19 cases and Imphal East district 95 cases. Both the district also reported four COVID-19 deaths.