Bengal, May 5: Hours after taking oath as the Chief Minister of West Bengal for the third time, Mamata Banerjee announced various guidelines to contain the spread of Covid19 in the state.
In a press meet, the Chief Minister said “I have written to PM that there is no transparent policy on Vaccine, Oxygen and how to help the people on the ground. COVID-19 is my priority that’s the reason I made my first meeting on this.”
In view of the increasing Covid cases, the Bengal government has suspended local train services from tomorrow. The state is witnessing a spike in Covid cases and has also prohibited all social and political gatherings.
Markets in the state will only be open from 7 am to 10 am and from 5 pm to 7 pm to curtail the spread of the virus.
Fliers from outside the state will have to provide a negative RT-PCR Covid test report on arrival. Covid-affected passengers will be quarantined by the airport authority for 14 days. Incoming passengers in long-distance trains and buses also have to provide a mandatory Covid negative report.
During this period, all essential activities will carry on unhindered and home delivery services are being encouraged to prevent people from venturing out as much as possible.
Private organizations can work with 50 per cent staff strength. Manufacturing units and tea garden shifts will be permitted only with 50 per cent strength.
Here’s the list of fresh Covid19 guidelines for Bengal:
- Local trains suspended from tomorrow
- Only 50 per cent of state transport to be functional
- No flights Allowed from 7th May midnight without RTPCR of 72hours before boarding
- Incoming passengers from train and busses should also get RTPCR
- Local, political, community or any other gatherings prohibited
- 50% Govt, Private Companies Rest WFH
- Hawkers, transporters, journalists will be given priority in the administering of the first dose (of vaccine)
- Home Delivery should be encouraged essential commodities
- Malls, cinemas, restaurants, bars, sports complexes, gyms, pools to remain closed till further orders.
- Mask compulsory, Maintain Social Distancing
- NGOs can come forward to support and help and people to understand and implement these on the ground
- State Corona Warriors groups to be activated across all districts
- Sanitization of Work Places, Commercial Establishments Must
- More plasma banks to be made
- 3000 beds will be increased in hospitals
- Program on Rabindranath Jayanti will be short or virtual