Arunachal, May 28: The Arunachal Pradesh government has extended the lockdown in the Itanagar Capital Region (ICR) for till June 7, following a surge in COVID-19 cases.
As per the government officials, the lockdown is also likely to extend in Tawang, Lower Subansiri, Namsai, Upper Subansiri, Lohit and Anjaw districts of Arunachal Pradesh.
The lockdown in ICR and all the aforementioned districts were supposed to end on May 31.
Indian Medical Association’s Arunachal Pradesh general secretary Dr Jego Ori said the State Task Force (STF) on COVID-19 had put forward a few recommendations to the government with regard to the lockdown.
With regard to the other districts of the state, Dr Ori said there were several that proposed lockdown extension and a decision would likely be taken by the government soon.
Arunachal chief minister Pema Khandu on Friday said that the State Disaster Management Authority (SDMA) met to assess the COVID-19 situation in the State and to review the preparedness and response measures.
“Following deliberations, it was clear that Arunachal Pradesh is yet to come out of the danger zone and we must continue to take strict measures to contain the spread of the disease and save precious lives,” the CM said.
Posting on his social media handle, Khandu said, “We must all continue to take evidence and science-based decisions in tailoring our public health response in the greater public interest.”
SDMA met today to assess the #Covid19 situation and review the preparedness and response measures.
✅ Containment zone extended for 7 days in ICC.
✅ Containment zone to continue in Tawang, Upper Subansiri, Lower Subansiri, Namsai, Lohit & Anjaw for 7 More days. pic.twitter.com/Ojck99u4SQ
— Pema Khandu པདྨ་མཁའ་འགྲོ་། (@PemaKhanduBJP) May 28, 2021
Arunachal Pradesh Lockdown Extension:
- Containment zone extended for 7 days in ICC.
- Containment zone to continue in Tawang, Upper Subansiri, Lower Subansiri, Namsai, Lohit & Anjaw for 7 More days.
- One Health facility in every assembly constituency to be identified and upgraded with the necessary equipment.
- Oxygen Grid Plan Approved as part of India@75.
- District Hospitals to be equipped with oxygen manifold and copper pipeline system.
- Steps are being taken to increase to 1000 Beds by July.
- Six 100 LPM PSA plants functional in Ziro, Tawang, Tezu, Yingkiong, Seppa, Aalo will also be upgraded.
- 500 LPM PSA Plant functional at DCH Chimpu.
- 600 LPM plants each proposed in 19 Hospitals.
- LMO Storage Units approved at 5 strategic locations to cater to state requirements.
- Further ramping up of TRIHMS and DCH Chimpu capacity in terms of oxygen beds.
Vaccinations in Arunachal:
- More than 3 Lakh already vaccinated.
- Another 1.5+ lakh planned to be vaccinated in the next 30 days
- 3.5 lakh tests per million.
- Massive testing, tracking and treating.
Medicines, IEC, and Treatment:
- Essential Medicine stock is sufficient and future requirements approved for order.
- Massive IEC being undertaken and more to be done to encourage Covid Appropriate behaviour.
- E-Sanjeevini & Telemedicine being used by patients.
- State-wide virtual rounds by a team of experts are done every morning to assess the line of treatment.
- Active Home isolation cases monitored by a team of DMOs.
The health department would focus on carrying out more random tests in the sectors and colonies during this period besides giving more emphasis to vaccination drive.
Arunachal reported a total of 444 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday that pushed the state’s overall active cases tally to 3692.
The ICR registered 114 cases which were followed by Tawang (56), Changlang (47), Lohit (32), Namsai (31), West Kameng (28), Lower Subansiri (20), East Siang (19), Lower Dibang Valley (18), East Kameng (12) and Leparada (10).
Despite the lockdown, the ICR has the highest number of active cases at 716, followed by Changlang (455), Tawang (433), Namsai (275), Lower Subansiri (264) and Lower Dibang Valley (238).