Rajasthan, July 2: A 20-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped multiple times over the last two years in the Alwar district of Rajasthan after police fail to act. The first incident took place in April 2019.
Although she approached the Malakhera police station in Alwar in May 2019 itself to register a case against the perpetrators, the police failed to file an FIR or take any action.
Over the next two years, the accused gang-raped her repeatedly. They blackmailed her by threatening to release a video of the incident on social media.
On June 25, 2021, a man named Gautam Saini sent her the video that was being used to blackmail her and asked her to meet him if she did not want it sent to her family members. He then released the video on social media two days later.
The woman lodged a case of gang rape at the Malakhera police station on June 28 this year. Three accused have now been arrested.
Also Read: 12 people gang-raped a girl in a moving car
Here’s everything come to light so far about the case
- In April 2019, the 20-year-old student had gone to take an examination in college when two men, Vikas and Bhuru Jat kidnapped her from SMD Circle in Alwar. As per her FIR, she was gang-raped by three men while a fourth accused was present.
- Although she approached the Malakhera police station in May 2019 to lodge a case, the police did not file an FIR or take any action, according to her account.
- The accused men continued to rape the woman for two years after the first incident. They blackmailed her by threatening to release a video of the incident on social media.
- About a week ago, a man named Gautam Saini sent her the video to pressurise her into meeting him. He then released the video on social media. This prompted her to meet Superintendent of Police Tejaswini Gautam and file a complaint at the Mahila police station in Alwar district.
- On the complaint of the victim, the Malakhera police station registered a case of gang rape on June 28, 2021. The police had her medical check-up done and recorded 164 statements on Thursday.
- Three accused have now been arrested by the police. This includes the main two, Vikas and Bhuru Jat, accused of gang rape. The third accused who has been arrested is Gautam Saini. He has been arrested under sections of the IT Act for breaching the woman’s privacy by making the video viral on social media.
- The police have inspected the two sites where the alleged gang-rape incidents occurred.
- Meanwhile, Alwar (rural) circle Officer Amit Singh has stated that the negligence of the police will also be investigated separately and action will be taken against police personnel if they are found to be guilty.